Work with Phil
Finance change is not ‘one size fits all’. And there’s no quick fix.
To get the best, most sustainable results for you, I like to work full time for as long as it takes to deliver the change – usually between 6 to 18 months.
There is no typical finance change project. Your finance function is as unique as the organisation it supports. But there are 3 distinct steps I follow to ensure success:
- First, we make sure we’re both clear on what you need done, what the risks are and what resources are available.
- From there, we develop a plan and approach together, breaking the work into manageable phases, deliverables and milestones.
- Then the work starts. I’m with you every step of the way, to make sure your finance change is seamless.
But I don’t know you!
I understand you might be cautious. This change is important to you, your team, and the business. Finding the right person is difficult – after all, everyone looks good on paper.
That’s why I’m comfortable to begin with a shorter-term contract, where we can start working together, and confirm I’m the right fit for your project. This will give you a plan and get your project moving.
Learn more about me
Two tips to help you find the right person:
- Work out what’s most important for the role – is it project management, transformation experience, or something more specific? You’re unlikely to find someone with everything so try to prioritise.
- Look for skills, not knowledge – find someone who has done this multiple times, made mistakes and learnt. They’ll be better placed to design the right plan and approach for you. (Remember, there is no typical project.)
Got a question? I’m happy to clarify anything you’re not sure about.
Get in touch